Friday, November 21, 2008

The Happenings

Current art projects: a 16 page comic book for my 2D Foundations class, two sort-of-still life drawings for my Foundation Drawing 1 class, and putting more of my art on my website for my Media 1 class.

I just hung around at the Art Sale for almost two hours.  It was really dang cool; there were a TON of people packed in there, and I got to look at all the amazing work by my fellow students.  So much stuff that I was tempted to buy, although most of it was out of my spending range.  I did end up buying two small, nice $10 pieces, and one small $7 piece, by some talented up-and-coming artists (actually, all Comics majors I believe).  I think one of my illustrations might have sold.

As a Freshman here at MCAD, I'm still liking it a lot here so far.  The people, the art, the classes: all cool.  The only thing I don't like is how bad I feel about my social ability/life at times...I hope to feel less afraid to make steps to get better.

I don't know what else to talk about.  I can't wait for the Nine Inch Nails concert in Minneapolis on Tuesday night, and then going home for Thanksgiving Break after the concert's over.  I haven't seen my hometown, house, cats, and some friends for three months (exactly three months, in fact, tomorrow).  In addition to being thankful for having the opportunity to go to MCAD, I also have a great home, family, and friends to be thankful for back home.

Goodnight and good luck world

No comments: