Saturday, October 23, 2010

Junior Review Gathered Process Work Part 1


Here is part 1 of process work (sketches, thumbnails) that I gathered for my Junior Review on Monday (the piece above is the final piece, and below is the process work). This is for a piece all the way back in Intro to Illustration; it involved interviewing a classmate about a memorable holiday or vacation they took (or some kind of memorable event). The person I interviewed told me about a trip he took to Amsterdam with his family, which included some details such as: lots of people biking, historical places, and many canals. In the final piece, I tried to focus on the bikes part, and also conveying the place by showing specific architecture based on photos of buildings in Amsterdam, and showing a hint of the canals; the empty space in the middle was suggested to remain empty, though I think I could put something there, maybe subtle ripples that make certain symbols that are related to Amsterdam's history.





No comments: