Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fairy Fort






(A selection of photos, more of which can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15978133@N00/ )

On Sunday, I walked out to a nearby ancient 'fairy fort', all of which is left is basically a large ring made of earth, with trees and grass growing on it, and a moat surrounding the outer edge. The day was perfect weather for a walk, and it was a nice, relaxing spot to meander around and look at all the lush grass and other vegetation. There was also a bit of water in the middle, near some fallen trees and tree stumps. It was great just standing or sitting around and breathing in the air.

I also did some sketching today (I did do some doodles other days, but it felt more like sketching today). Some drawing of cows, and a tiny bit of the landscape from a little ways up the big hill behind our school. I might post some more of that later. For now I'll post photos of the fairy fort visit.

I also have gotten a small start on developing my independent project. I have lots of ideas floating around in my head, but for some reason I am being drawn to one that involves building a little mini paper-city; like...maybe flat buildings, but kind of like a diorama.. maybe.. or I may place some building-like things in a set comprised of natural objects I find in the burren. There may be some commentary on building new things in the burren. Not quite sure yet.

No comments: